Here's the list of all the work I've done during my free time. Note that you need LÖVE to run
An emulation of the famous "Space Invaders" arcade machine from 1978. The most complex task was to emulate the whole Intel 8080 processor, with all its registries, opcodes and peculiar flags.
The emulator currently passes a fair share of test roms.
The whole project was made in C with some (basic) OpenGL, and has been tested on macOS and Linux. You can find it on GitHub.
An interpreter of CHIP-8 programs. It was a fascinating project that introduced me to the world of emulation. Indeed, the system itself isn't complicated (only 35 opcodes); but it's a quick way to understand a bit how simple machines work.
The project, programmed in C++ with the SFML, works on macOS, Windows and Linux and can be found here.
A koalastothemax clone. It is a little experiment where the user can choose an image and gradually uncover some parts of it with his mouse.
The process is based on quadtrees: for each child, I compute its colour (average of all the corresponding pixels of the original image). The results are sometimes really beautiful, in their own "lowres" kind of way.
Here are some Lua libraries I made over the years to facilitate my game development with LÖVE:
- denver.lua: audio waveform generation (basic synthesizer included)
- stackie.lua: teeny tiny game state manager module
- bluclass.lua: class implementation in pure Lua with simple inheritance
- signals.lua: simple implementation of signals (inspired by the observer pattern)
- sandwich.lua: resource manager
- participation in the french translation of IINA, a video player for macOS.
- contributions to Emu-Docs project, a repository that aims to archive emulation documentation.
- contributions to pylibui project, a Python binding for libui, a multiplatform GUI lib in C.
- Pelican: a music player web app that retrieves music from YouTube and plays it on the browser (source)
- maiko: a Discord bot that displays osu! score for a player
- marvin: a Discord bot that imitates /u/The-Paranoid-Android
- LIFE2: another Game of Life implementation
- bbeats: binaural beat generator using the Web API
- COLÖURS: fill the entire screen with the same colour
- minesweeper.love: a minesweeper clone
- vapor-collections: graphical experiments, research.